Being aware of your swing speed is one of the most important things to improve your performance and play golf consistently.
This is something you can test at any golf retail outlet, and in case your swing is slow, you can improve your overall performance by getting the best golf balls for slow swing speed.
There are various pieces of equipment apart from the ball for slow swing speed, but it is definitely one of the important ones.
Getting the perfect ball will get you much more distance, and your shots will get a lot of, much necessary, control.
To get the appropriate product, you should go through thorough research, and in order to help you with this, we have put together a list that will ensure you get the best value for your money’s worth.
List of Best Golf Balls for Slow Swing Speed
1. Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls – Editor’s Pick
Titleist Pro V1 delivers an excellent mixture of speed, spin, and feel during the game, which offers a suitable fit for most golfers. This ball grants you more greenside spin, a softer feel, and consistent flight.
The 2.0 ZG Process Core gives the solid core Pro V1 more distance. This ball boasts a faster ionomer high-flex casing which adds more speed and long-game spin. Thanks to the new, softer cast urethan elastomer cover, Titleist Pro V1 delivers a more consistent ball flight.
It is a premium model ball that is available for just under $50 per dozen. Although these balls are a bit more expensive, the price tag comes as a result of thorough research and development that lasted for years and huge attention to detail.
2. Callaway Golf Supersoft Golf Balls
Coming from the Callaway store, this golf ball set is available in several colors. These balls are designed to increase the distance of the tee and to provide you with more control around the green. It is a very softball for long, straight distances.
The compression core of this ball improves ball speeds while also granting high launch and low spin. The black background on the ball’s logo is a neat tiny detail that can prove as a very useful alignment tool. It is really convenient since you do not have to waste time applying a line with a sharpie.
The ball has a very low compression rating that is roughly 38. It is excellent for golfers with slow swing speeds and allows them to compress the ball just right, which grants optimal energy transfer. Callaway golf balls come at a very affordable price and offer great value for the money.
3. TaylorMade Distance Plus Golf Balls – Best for Great Distance
TaylorMade Distance Plus golf balls are designed for golfers that want to get the biggest possible distance out of their shots. This is possible since these balls use a brand new Teact core that is designed to store and release energy on a very high level.
These balls are created to suit the needs of amateur golfers, beginners, and players with slow swing speeds. The ionomer cover ensures maximum driver distance and provides a mid-launch.
TaylorMade Distance Plus grants excellent distance, and it will definitely maximize the length of your shots.
4. Srixon Soft Feel Men’s Golf Balls, Prior Generation – Best for the Money
Srixon Soft Feel golf balls are designed for golfers that want to maximize distance and control of their shots and get excellent feeling and feedback. They are available in two different colors for you to purchase – soft white and tour yellow.
This product has been part of the 12th generation of Srixon’s most popular golf ball for a very long time now. It is the brand’s least expensive and highly demanding offering that provides suitable quality and enjoys the trust of devoted customers.
The ball has a FastLayer core and thin ionomer cover but feels and plays excellently that you probably would not expect from such a simple design. One of the main reasons for this is the core, which has a way softer center that gets firmer towards the outer edge.
Srixon Soft Feel balls have 60 compression, which makes them feel and sound very soft in both long and short games. The speed dimple pattern is excellent produces a very stable flight since it launches at a nice height and grants suitable control on approach shots.
5. Wilson Golf Staff Fifty Elite Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff 50 Elite is a golf ball that offers excellent performance. Although Wilson is known for manufacturing somewhat cheaper products for wider use, this ball is definitely an exception and is by no means a low-end ball.
The ball is created for swing speeds that are lower than 90 mph. It launches well of the club and provides you with a very good distance and carry. The performance you get out of this ball is exceptional, and it offers a nice amount of spin while flying straight in the air.
This low compression ball offers a similar feel and performance to the DUO while offering a considerably lower price.
6. Nitro Ultimate Distance Golf Ball
Although Nitro balls are not widely known in the golf world, the company has developed a reputation over the years for delivering cheap products that offer excellent performance and are described by the manufacturer as “virtually indestructible.”
Nitro Ultimate Distance golf balls come in a variety of exotic colors that include white, orange, pink, and yellow. The balls are perfectly suited for golfers of all skill levels that want to make the most out of their swings and improve their distance.
These balls feature a reactive two-piece titanium core which maximizes the energy transfer from the clubhead to the ball. The ball boasts symmetrical dimples that reduce drag and greatly contribute to longer shots.
The titanium core is extremely reactive, and dimpled grooves around the Dupont Lithium Surlyn cut-proof cover helps you maximize the distance. This product is suited for beginners and is very easy to locate on any surface.
7. Vice Pro Plus Golf Balls
Vice Golf has made its presence known on today’s market by providing golfers of different skill levels tour-quality balls that come at affordable prices, and Vice Pro Plus is no different. It comes in 4 different colors – lime, lime new, white, and red.
Pro Plus is a suitable match for golfers that generate slower swing speeds. The ball provides a lower spin in the long game, particularly with the driver. It produces an excellent penetrating flight, and it gives a great performance in windy conditions.
The ionomer material provides you with excellent versatility and combines the advantages of high elasticity. The ball offers excellent value for the money and grants players of all skill levels high-performance games.
8. Maxfli SoftFli Matte Golf Balls
Maxfli golf balls are designed to help golfers improve their overall golf skills since it provides a very soft feel, straight flight, suitable visibility, and come at a very affordable price. These balls come from the Maxfli store and are available in pink, green, blue, and orange colors.
It does not provide too much spin on the tee, but it will give you enough of it around the greens. Maxfli ball gives a very soft feel and lower compression that is at 35, which grants exceptional feel and greenside control throughout the matches.
332 dimple pattern ensures that you get a more consistent flight, and the core of the ball offers better speeds and pinpoint accuracy in a lower spin. The ionomer cover is soft, has a matte finish, and provides exceptional control and superb visibility in the air.
You will get excellent feedback on all shots starting from the tee and all the way to the green. This ball is a great option for golfers that look for cost-efficient balls that offer average to better performance.
9. ACCUFLI Max Soft Golf Balls
Coming from the Accufli store, these balls are available in different colors and come in packs of 12 units each. It is a very soft golf ball that delivers performance and value, keeping the ball well up in the air and definitely longer than other competitors in the same price range.
The two-piece design of the ball provides virtually zero spin and plenty of distance. It is an entirely new ball with an innovative core design that offers you a softer feel for long-distance shots, even if you have a slower swing speed, which is very important.
With this ball, you will experience significant distance gains due to the extra-soft outer layer, and its design grants you fast ball speeds.
10. Precept 2017 Laddie Extreme Golf Balls
This ball is a spinoff of a very popular Lady Precept ball and it is suitable for various skill groups. It is built to cover extreme distances due to its muscle-fiber core. Since power is nothing without control, its patented Touch ‘n control ionomer cover will grant you an exceptional feel and then some.
This Precept ball is designed for golfers that have swing speeds below 90 mph, and it features two-piece construction alongside firm covers. This promotes excellent distance and high spin rates.
These balls feature a faster core and a new dimple design that will aid in the distance right of the tee. Everything that makes this ball an excellent choice for golfers with slower swing speeds makes it equally unattractive for those with average to high swing speeds.
It is a highly durable ball and delivers more distance off the tee. The ball has improved since it came out, and the company constantly tinkers how to improve distance and feel.
What to Consider When Buying Golf Balls for Slow Swing Speed?
When choosing the right ball for slow swing speed, it is very important to consider tiny details in order to get the best value for your money’s worth. The best balls will offer you straighter, longer shots, superb distance, and ball speed.
To help you get the best possible product, we have put together a brief buying guide in the section below.
Compression occurs whenever the club hits the ball, and it is a force that causes the ball to compress while the energy gets transferred from club to ball. This is something that relates to the ball core; for example, a tightly wound core will have a higher compression.
High-compression balls will require more energy for an optimal strike, so you will require low-compression ones.
Spin is something that gets the golf ball airborne, and the ones with a higher spin rate are generally recommended for golfers that hit the ball low, while those with a lower spin rate are for those who hit it high.
Hitting the ball low with the driver will not maximize your carry distance, and this is where the ball with a high spin can make a big difference.
Cover and Construction
The outer cover of the ball determines several characteristics. For the main construction, manufacturers typically use Urethane and Surlyn.
Urethane is much softer and generally provides more spin for players that prefer a softer feel and more greenside control, while Surlyn offers more durability, gives less spin, and more distance.
As far as the layer construction goes, today’s golf balls are available in 2, 3, 4, or 5-piece. The most popular is a 2-piece ball that offers a solid center core and robust surlyn cover, which grants more distance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is considered slow swing speed in golf?
A slow swing speed in golf ranges between 70 and 85 miles per hour. These swing speeds are common with beginner golfers, and speed generally decreases with age, so senior golfers inevitably get to slow swing speeds at some point.
Are soft golf balls better for golfers with slow swing speed?
Absolutely. This is due to the fact that these balls have lower compression and do not require a lot of energy to hit them. It is also recommended for senior golfers since they tend to have slower swings as well.
Is the color of the ball important?
The color of the ball does not bear very high importance; however, it can affect your overall concentration and your ability to track it on the court.
How does compression of the ball affect the game?
The way the compression of the ball is affecting the game is really simple. Higher swing speeds require higher compression since the ball compresses every time you hit it, meaning that slower swing speeds require less compression.
Do softer balls go further?
They do not. The typical rule is that the harder the golf ball is, the further it will fly. This does not mean that you should exclusively opt for softer balls since numerous studies have shown that the distance difference between hard and soft balls is only five yards and sometimes even less.
If your swing speed does not seem to improve, worry not because there are plenty of solutions you can go for. The adequate ball can provide you with excellent distance, more consistency, and, most importantly, tons of fun.
We hope our article will help you make an appropriate choice and get the best possible golf balls for slow swings. Make sure to read reviews carefully and look for second opinions in a huge golfing community because only then will you be able to make an educated choice that is well worth your money.
Before you go, check out some of the best selling golf balls available on Amazon:
- Longer Distance with Consistent Flight
- Very Low Long Game Spin and Penetrating Trajectory
- Increased Drop-and-Stop Short Game Control
- Softer Feel
- Supersoft has been one of the most popular golf balls for years, and we’ve combined incredible cover, core and flight technologies to make it even...
- The new Hybrid Cover features an innovative PARALOID Impact Modifier made by DOW Chemical. This multi-material construction allows for an incredible...
- The High Speed Soft Compression Core maximizes energy transfer to increase ball speeds, while also promoting high launch and low spin in your longer...
- HEX Aerodynamics is optimized to reduce drag and enhance lift for increased carry and higher flight.
- CONTACT FORCE DIMPLE creates 38% more surface contact between the golf ball and the club for more efficient energy transfer
- STRAIGHT DISTANCE – Longer and straighter flight with driver and every other club in your bag
- IMPROVED FEEL – Softer core contributes to significantly enhanced feel on all shots
- REDUCED SLICE AND HOOK SPIN ON FULL SHOTS – The optimized aerodynamics of Contact Force Dimple combined with sidespin reducing mantle and core
- MORE SPIN AROUND THE GREEN– Increased friction for better spin around the green
- The Warbird Golf Ball is engineered for maximum ball speed through the bag. The extra-large, high-energy core is highly compressible to unlock more...
- HEX Aerodynamics reduces drag and promotes increased launch for more speed, hang time and distance.
- The optimized ionomer cover and large core combine to create great feel and greenside control in a 2-piece design.
- Sport type: Golf
- Longer Distance
- Extremely Low Long Game Spin
- Greater Iron Stoppability
- High Flight On All Shots
- Playable Greenside Feel
- FOAM GOLF BALLS: Set of 16 sturdy foam golf balls so you can safely practice at home, indoors or outdoors
- MIMICS REAL GOLF BALLS: Golf balls feature a realistic dimple texture showing the true trajectory of shots with limited flight
- INDOOR AND OUTDOOR TRAINING: Designed with limited flight for practicing every shot even with limited space and hitting distance; Foam design also...
- CASE INCLUDED: Includes storage tote to keep them organized
- Optimized For Even Longer Distance
- Lower Ball Flight Trajectory
- Excellent Green Grabbing Control
- 4-Piece, 336 Dimple Design
- Ultra Soft Feel
- Longer Distance
- Excellent Greenside Control
- Trusted Quality and Consistency
- React Speed Core
- 342 Aerodynamic Dimple Pattern
- 2 Layer Construction, Ionomer Cover, Mid-Launch, Max Distance, Mid/High Spin, And Softer Feel
- Item Package Weight: 1.25 Pounds
- New Precision Technology delivers our tightest dispersion, consistently fast ball speeds and total performance. We’ve enhanced every component and...
- New Hyper Elastic SoftFast Core for Tour level speed, spin, and control through the bag.
- Consistent ball flight at every condition with our Tour Aero design.
- Chrome Soft 22 is designed for a wide range of golfers who want outstanding feel, excellent distance, and incredible forgiveness. Key performance...